Thursday, December 6, 2007

Powerful PoetrY

EXTRA! EXTRA!

Good news! The City Pulse of Lansing, Michigan, ran an article about my book release for Blame It on Eve!, my first solo poetry compilation. The e-book available on CD is for sale through Everybody Reads Books and Stuff (E. Michigan between Fairview and Clemons).

WORD ART HAPPENIN'S

Last night I whooped it up with a wonderful sampling of poets at SpitFire Poetry held 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at the Green River Cafe in East Lansing (on M.A.C. near Grand River). Blair was featured, an amazing folk singer and spoken word artist based in Detroit.

Upcoming in Lansing is the East Side Poetry Open Mic Tuesday, December 18, at Magdalena's Tea House (E. Michigan Ave., between Fairview and Clemons). It's the last month of my organizing this three-year-old venue, which I picked up in March. Musician DeShaun Snead is guest hosting. Sign up is at 7:30pm and reading at 8pm. $5 cover includes tea or coffee.

For 2008, I'm putting together a poetry spectacular titled Ancient River. Guest poets joining me sometime in mid-February are my friends Marycela and Deena Tyler. So scribble AR by MDH in Lansing in your new calendars!

0 comments: