Friday, December 21, 2007

Day of Unity

On October 1, 2007, I hosted an event titled SPEAK OUT for Safety at Michigan's State Capitol building in Lansing. The anti-violence advocates, survivors, and neighbors who took part shared a wealth of intellect and heart on the matters at hand: neighborhood safety and preventing violence against women.

    I recently uploaded photos taken by Paul Potts and Anaya Keaton at this event. They are available via my Anti-Violence Advocacy album on Flickr.
October 1 is The Day of Unity for Domestic Violence Awareness Month. And the SPEAK OUT was an excellent instance of people allying - across neighborhoods and communities - to promote safety for everyone. I still draw upon that event's strength when I envision possible positive change, with the hope that no one else will be violated of violence.

0 comments: